Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. John Adams was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was John Adams' wife?
a. Martha Dandridge
b. Abigail Smith
c. Martha Wayles Skelton
d. Dolly Payne Todd
e. Elizabeth Kortright
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under John Adams?
a. George Clinton
b. Thomas Jefferson
c. Aaron Burr
d. John Adams
e. Daniel Tompkins
4. What was John Adams' nickname?
a. Father of American Independence
b. Father of the Declaration of Independence
c. Father of the Constitution
d. The Era of Good Feelings President
e. Father of His Country
5. Where was John Adams born?
a. North Carolina
d. New York
6. What was John Adams' occupation before becoming involved in politics?
a. Plantation owner
e. Ship's captain
7. What document of the American Revolution did Adams work on with Thomas Jefferson?
a. Lee Resolution
b. Northwest Ordinance
c. The Stamp Act
d. Declaration of Independence
e. The U.S. Constitution
8. What was Adams' main accomplishment during his presidency?
a. He helped to free the slaves
b. He kept the United States out of war
c. He defeated the British in the War of 1812
d. He secured a large amount of new land from France
e. He made an alliance with Canada
9. What did John Adams do during the Revolutionary War?
a. He served as a delegate on the Second Continental Congress
b. He secured funding and made foreign alliances for the United States
c. He worked on the Treaty of Paris to put an end to the War
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
10. What was interesting about the day that John Adams died?
a. It was the same day that George Washington died
b. It was the same day that the Revolutionary war came to an end
c. It was the same day that Thomas Jefferson died and 50 years after Declaration of Independence was signed
d. It was the same day that the U.S. Constitution became law
e. All of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the John Adams page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/johnadams.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.