1. Andrew Johnson was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was Andrew Johnson's wife?
a. Lucretia Rudolph
b. Mary Todd
c. Eliza McCardle
d. Julia Dent
e. Lucy Ware Webb
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Andrew Johnson?
a. William Wheeler
b. Chester A. Arthur
c. Hannibal Hamlin and Andrew Johnson
d. Schuyler Colfax and Henry Wilson
4. What was Andrew Johnson's nickname?
a. Unconditional Surrender
b. His Fraudulency
c. Preacher President
d. Honest Abe
e. The Veto President
5. Where was Andrew Johnson born?
a. North Carolina
d. New York
6. What was Andrew Johnson's occupation before he entered politics?
7. What political position did Andrew Johnson hold prior to becoming president?
a. Member of the House of Representatives
b. Vice President
d. Governor of Tennessee
e. All of the above
8. Andrew Johnson took over as president after what president was assassinated?
a. John F. Kennedy
b. James Garfield
c. Abraham Lincoln
d. Andrew Jackson
e. William McKinley
9. What action did Andrew Johnson take against many of the bills that Congress passed?
a. He signed the bills into law
b. He vetoed the bills
c. He refused to take any action
d. He refused to enforce the laws
e. None of the above
10. What did Congress do to try and remove Andrew Johnson from being president?
a. The House of Representatives voted to impeach him
b. They tried to have him killed
c. They tried to take over his powers
d. They tried to force him to resign
e. They tried to get the military to remove him from office
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Andrew Johnson page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/andrewjohnson.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.