Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. Where was Marie Curie born?
2. Where did Marie Curie attend university?
a. Sorbonne in France
b. University of Warsaw
c. University of Paris
d. University of Strasbourg
e. Nicolaus Copernicus University
3. What was Marie Curie's major at university?
a. Electrical engineering
b. Political science
4. What was the name of Marie Curie's husband?
5. What element did Marie Curie name after her homeland?
6. What term did Marie Curie and her husband use to describe elements that gave off strong rays?
7. How many elements of the periodic table did Marie Curie help to discover?
8. True or False: Marie Curie was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize and the first person to win two Nobel Prizes.
9. What were 'little Curies' during World War I?
a. A nickname for nurses
b. Small guns used by spies
c. A nickname for women doctors
d. Trucks with X-ray machines
e. Special radioactive bullets
10. How did Marie Curie die?
a. She was run over by a horse carriage
b. She died of old age in Paris
c. From overexposure to radiation
d. When her laboratory exploded
e. She is still alive today
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Marie Curie page at www.ducksters.com/biography/women_leaders/marie_curie.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.