1. In what country was Edmund Hillary born?
b. New Zealand
2. When was Edmund Hillary born?
3. What was Edmund Hillary most known for?
a. First to circumnavigate the globe
b. First man on the moon
c. First to the top of Mount Everest
d. Exploring the South Pacific
e. First to visit the South Pole
4. What country organized the first expedition to reach the top of Mount Everest?
c. United States
5. Who also was the first to reach the top of Mount Everest along with Edmund Hillary?
a. John Hunt
b. Charles Evans
c. Roald Amundsen
d. Tenzing Norgay
e. No one, Hillary was alone at the summit
6. How many people took part in the climb up Mount Everest?
e. Over 400
7. Why did Edmund Hillary only stay at the top of Mount Everest for a few minutes?
a. Because it was so cold
b. Because the air was so thin
c. Because it wasn't very interesting
d. Because he was hungry
e. Because he wanted to get back home
8. Edmund Hillary led the first expedition to reach what location using motor vehicles?
a. North Pole
b. Top of Mount Everest
c. South Pole
d. Source of the Nile River
e. Amazon rainforest
9. Who knighted Edmund Hillary after he reached the top of Mount Everest?
a. Queen Victoria
b. King Edward IV
c. Queen Elizabeth II
d. Queen Isabella of Spain
e. Queen Elizabeth I
10. What is 'Hillary's Step'?
a. The last step Edmund Hillary took to reach the summit of Mount Everest
b. A ladder that Edmund Hillary left behind on Everest
c. A memorial step built at the base of Mount Everest
d. A forty foot rock wall near the top of Mount Everest
e. A type of square dance
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Edmund Hillary page at www.ducksters.com/biography/explorers/edmund_hillary.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.