1. Venus is the ______ planet from the Sun.
2. What type of planet is Venus?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of Venus?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold, rocky, and covered in red dust
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky with lots of craters
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. Around how big is Venus' mass when compared to the mass of the Earth?
a. 5.5% of the Earth's mass
b. 11% of the Earth's mass
c. 82% of the Earth's mass
d. 95 times the Earth's mass
e. 318 times the Earth's mass
5. Around how long is a day on Venus?
a. 9.8 hours
b. 10.7 hours
c. 24.6 hours
d. 88 Earth days
e. 243 Earth days
6. True or False: Much of the surface of Venus is covered in water.
7. Why is Venus the hottest planet in the Solar System?
a. Because it is the closest to the Sun
b. Because it has a thick atmosphere of mostly carbon dioxide
c. Because it is moving so fast
d. Because its core is mostly carbon
e. Because of fossil fuels
8. Venus was named after what Roman god or goddess?
a. God of war
b. Roman messenger to the gods
c. Goddess of love
d. God of agriculture
e. God of the sky
9. What planet is Venus most similar to in terms of mass, size, and gravity?
10. Venus is the ______ planet in the Solar System.
b. Second smallest
c. Sixth Largest
d. Second largest
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Venus page at www.ducksters.com/science/venus.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.