1. Uranus is the ______ planet from the Sun.
2. What type of planet is Uranus?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of Uranus?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold, rocky, and covered in red dust
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky with lots of craters
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. Around how big is Uranus' mass when compared to the mass of the Earth?
a. 5.5% of the Earth's mass
b. 11% of the Earth's mass
c. 14.5 times the Earth's mass
d. 95 times the Earth's mass
e. 318 times the Earth's mass
5. Around how long is a day on Uranus?
a. 9.8 hours
b. 17.2 hours
c. 24.6 hours
d. 88 Earth days
e. 243 Earth days
6. Compared to other planets, what is unique about the rotation of Uranus in relation to the Sun?
a. It rotates like a top
b. It doesn't rotate
c. It rotates backwards
d. It rotates on its side
e. There is nothing unique about its rotation
7. Which of the following best describes the atmosphere on Uranus?
a. Extremely cold
b. Warm and oxygen rich
c. Extremely hot
d. Similar to Earth's atmosphere
e. It has no atmosphere
8. Uranus was named after what Greek god or goddess?
a. God of war
b. Roman messenger to the gods
c. God of the sky
d. God of agriculture
e. Goddess of love
9. What chemical gives Uranus its blue-green color?
b. Carbon dioxide
10. Uranus is the ______ planet in the Solar System.
b. Second smallest
c. Sixth Largest
d. Third largest
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Uranus page at www.ducksters.com/science/uranus.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.