1. Saturn is the ______ planet from the Sun.
2. What type of planet is Saturn?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of Saturn?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold, rocky, and covered in red dust
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky with lots of craters
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. Around how big is Saturn's mass when compared to the mass of the Earth?
a. 5.5% of the Earth's mass
b. 11% of the Earth's mass
c. 82% of the Earth's mass
d. 95 times the Earth's mass
e. 318 times the Earth's mass
5. Around how long is a day on Saturn?
a. 9.8 hours
b. 10.7 hours
c. 24.6 hours
d. 88 Earth days
e. 243 Earth days
6. What are the rings of Saturn made of?
a. Only rocks
b. Only ice
e. Ice particles, dust, and rocks
7. What is the name of Saturn's largest moon?
8. Saturn was named after what Roman god or goddess?
a. God of war
b. Roman messenger to the gods
c. God of the sky
d. God of agriculture
e. Goddess of love
9. True or False: Titan is the only moon in the Solar System that has a thick atmosphere.
10. Saturn is the ______ planet in the Solar System.
b. Second smallest
c. Sixth Largest
d. Second largest
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Saturn page at www.ducksters.com/science/saturn.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.