1. True or False: Pluto used to be considered the 9th major planet of the Solar System.
2. What type of planet is Pluto?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of Pluto?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold and rocky
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky, but very hot
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. Around how big is Pluto's mass when compared to the mass of the Earth?
a. 0.2% of the Earth's mass
b. 11% of the Earth's mass
c. 17 times the Earth's mass
d. 95 times the Earth's mass
e. 318 times the Earth's mass
5. Around how long is a day on Pluto?
a. 9.8 hours
b. 16.1 hours
c. 24.6 hours
d. 6.4 Earth days
e. 243 Earth days
6. True or False: For a short time during its orbit around the Sun, Pluto is closer to the Sun than Neptune.
7. What is the name of Pluto's largest moon?
e. Pluto doesn't have any moons
8. Pluto was named after what Roman god or goddess?
a. God of war
b. God of the sea
c. God of the sky
d. Goddess of agriculture
e. God of the underworld
9. What did scientists call Pluto before it was confirmed to exist?
a. Mystery Planet
b. Planet X
c. Planet 9
d. Planet Y
e. It was always called Pluto
10. Pluto is part of what grouping of celestial objects?
a. Asteroid Belt
b. Oort Cloud
c. Kuiper Belt
d. All of the above
e. None of the Above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Pluto page at www.ducksters.com/science/pluto.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.