1. Neptune is the ______ planet from the Sun.
2. What type of planet is Neptune?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of Neptune?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold, rocky, and covered in red dust
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky with lots of craters
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. Around how big is Neptune's mass when compared to the mass of the Earth?
a. 5.5% of the Earth's mass
b. 11% of the Earth's mass
c. 17 times the Earth's mass
d. 95 times the Earth's mass
e. 318 times the Earth's mass
5. Around how long is a day on Neptune?
a. 9.8 hours
b. 16.1 hours
c. 24.6 hours
d. 88 Earth days
e. 243 Earth days
6. How was Neptune first discovered?
a. With the naked eye thousands of years ago
b. Using a land-based telescope
c. Using a space-based telescope
d. Using mathematics
e. None of the Above
7. Which of the following best describes the atmosphere on Neptune?
a. Extremely cold
b. Warm and oxygen rich
c. Extremely hot
d. Similar to Earth's atmosphere
e. It has no atmosphere
8. Neptune was named after what Roman god or goddess?
a. God of war
b. God of the sea
c. God of the sky
d. God of agriculture
e. Goddess of love
9. What is the name of the largest moon orbiting Neptune?
10. Neptune is the ______ planet in the Solar System.
b. Second smallest
c. Sixth Largest
d. Fourth largest
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Neptune page at www.ducksters.com/science/neptune.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.