Earth Science: Land Pollution
1. What cause of land pollution produces large holes in the ground and can cause erosion?
2. What cause of land pollution uses chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides?
3. How can land pollution harm the environment?
a. It is ugly and can destroy the beauty of nature
b. It can destroy the habitats of animals
c. It can allow for harmful chemicals to enter the soil
d. It can release greenhouse gases
e. All of the above
4. What do we call large areas where garbage is placed on the land?
5. What do we call trash when it eventually decays and becomes part of the environment?
6. Around what percentage of trash in the United States is recycled?
7. What is it called when you collect organic waste and store it so it breaks down into fertilizer?
c. Global warming
8. True or False: Companies can help to reduce trash by using smaller packaging on their products.
9. Around how long does it take Styrofoam to decay and become part of the environment?
a. 6 months
b. 1 year
c. 5 years
d. 20 years
e. It will never fully decay
10. Around how much trash does the average person in the United States produce each day?
a. 2 ounces
b. 1 pound
c. 2 pounds
d. 4 1/2 pounds
e. 100 pounds
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Earth Science: Land Pollution page at www.ducksters.com/science/environment/land_pollution.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.