1. Which of the following is considered the basic unit of heredity?
2. What are scientists who study genes and heredity called?
3. Chromosomes are made from protein and what other molecule?
d. Carbon dioxide
4. How many pairs of chromosomes are in a human being?
5. What is the abbreviation for deoxyribonucleic acid?
6. What scientist is considered the father of the science of genetics?
a. Albert Einstein
b. Gregor Mendel
c. James Watson
d. Ben Franklin
e. Isaac Newton
7. What did Francis Crick and James Watson discover?
a. That traits were inherited from an organism's parents
b. The electron microscope
c. The chromosome in the human cell
d. The structure of the DNA molecule
e. All of the Above
8. True or False: Diseases cannot be inherited through genes.
9. What is the shape of a DNA molecule called?
c. Double helix
d. Triple Triangle
e. Nothing, as it has no specific shape
10. True or False: Over 99% of the DNA in different human beings is the same.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Biology: Genetics page at www.ducksters.com/science/biology/genetics.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.