Physics: Electrical Conductors and Insulators
1. What type of materials allow electricity to flow freely?
2. What type of materials are resistant to the flow of electricity?
3. Which of the following is the most conductive element?
4. Conductance is the inverse of what measurement?
5. What do we call a material that has a resistance of zero?
b. Major conductor
c. Minor insulator
e. Super insulator
6. Why are electrical insulators important?
a. They help the flow of electricity
b. They provide power for electric circuits
c. They are used to protect us from electricity
d. They help conduct heat
e. They are not important
7. Which of the following is a good insulator?
d. All of the above
e. None of the Above
8. What element is a good electrical semiconductor?
9. What metal is the most commonly used conductor in electronic wiring and electronic circuits?
10. The ________ of a material is a measurement of how well a material opposes the flow of electric current.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Electrical Conductors and Insulators page at www.ducksters.com/science/physics/electrical_conductors_and_insulators.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.