Biology: Blood and Heart
1. Blood is continuously pumped through the body by which of the following organs?
2. What are the two main types of blood vessels?
a. Pumps and Valves
b. Red Blood Cells and White Blood Cells
c. Arteries and Veins
d. A and B
e. O and AB
3. Arteries carry blood ______ the heart and veins carry blood ______ the heart.
a. to, from
b. from, to
c. Both carry blood to the heart
d. Both carry blood from the heart
e. None of the Above
4. White blood cells do which of the following?
a. Keep blood clean
b. Kill germs
c. Carry oxygen
d. Both A and B
e. All of the Above
5. Which of the following create blood clots to stop bleeding?
a. Red Blood Cells
b. White Blood Cells
6. True or False: The heart is about the size of your fist.
7. What is the aorta?
a. The place where blood absorbs oxygen
b. The place where blood disperses carbon dioxide
c. One of the four sets of valves of the heart
d. One of the two main pumps of the heart
e. The main artery carrying blood away from the heart
8. How many sets of valves are in the heart?
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the four main blood types?
10. True or False: While each blood type has different antibodies and antigens, blood type is not a factor in blood donations.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Biology: Blood and Heart page at www.ducksters.com/science/blood_and_the_heart.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.