1. Which of the following is true about asteroids?
a. They are made of rock and metal
b. The orbit the Sun
c. They are in outer space
d. All of the above
e. None of the Above
2. According to the article, what are most asteroids shaped like?
3. What two metals are metallic asteroids mostly made of?
a. Iron and nickel
b. Silver and gold
c. Magnesium and copper
d. Aluminum and zinc
e. Lead and iron
4. What is the most common type of asteroid?
5. The asteroid belt is located in orbit between what two planets?
a. Earth and Mars
b. Jupiter and Saturn
c. Venus and Mercury
d. Neptune and Saturn
e. Mars and Jupiter
6. What is the largest asteroid in the Solar System?
7. What is the largest of the carbon asteroids?
8. What is the brightest asteroid when viewed from Earth?
9. What asteroid is the largest body in the Solar System that is not round?
10. True or False: Most asteroids that hit the Earth are small enough to explode when they hit the Earth's atmosphere.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Asteroids page at www.ducksters.com/science/physics/asteroids.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.