April 4, 2007
Nickelodeon's "Slime Across America Tour"
Nickelodeon announced the launch of "Slime Across America" Tour a fully interactive Nickelodeon experience that will bring the network's iconic green slime to kids across the country. The national tour, which will transport the slime from the East Coast to the West Coast via the Nickelodeon Slime Mobile, just in time for Nickelodeon's 20th Annual Kids' Choice Awards on March 31, will kick off February 26 at the Nick Hotel in Orlando, Florida, and will carry out 20 slimings in 20 markets across the nation. In addition, after the Kids' Choice Awards, the Slime Mobile will continue to another 30 markets to allow even more kids to have a first hand slime experience.
Nickelodeon's Slime Across America experience and the 18-wheel Slime Mobile will feature various games and attractions including a Nick Live! Slime Edition interactive stage show, a user generated content station where kids can create content to submit to Nickelodeon for possible air on me:tv, the network's new interactive day part, an audition area, music-themed activities such as Nickelodeon karaoke, Nickelodeon costume character appearances, product giveaways, and of course, the opportunity for kids to get slimed. In the driver's seat of the Slime Mobile will be Nickelodeon's own Pick Boy. Select stops will also feature special appearances by Nickelodeon talent and costume characters, and national and local celebrities.
The Slime Across America Tour will make 20 stops leading up to Nickelodeon's 20th Annual Kids Choice Awards, and approximately another 30 stops beginning April 1, 2007, and continuing throughout the year. The first leg of the tour will stop in these 20 cities:
· Orlando, Florida (February 26)
· Jacksonville, Florida (February 28)
· Savannah, Georgia (March 2)
· Columbia, South Carolina (March 3)
· Atlanta, Georgia (March 4)
· Montgomery, Alabama (March 7)
· Pensacola, Florida (March 8)
· Biloxi, Mississippi (March 9)
· New Orleans, Louisiana (March 10)
· Shreveport, Louisiana (March 12)
· Houston, Texas (March 15)
· Dallas, Texas (March 16)
· Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (March 17)
· Amarillo, Texas (March 18)
· Albuquerque, New Mexico (March 21)
· Las Cruces, New Mexico (March 22)
· Tucson, Arizona (March 23)
· Phoenix, Arizona (March 24)
· Las Vegas, Nevada (March 25)
· Los Angeles, California (March 28)
For more "Slime America" tour information, check out Nickelodeon's GoCityKids website.
Back to Kids News