World War II - Technology
1. What type of war technology was used by Hitler in his fast moving Panzer divisions?
b. Aircraft Carriers
d. Fighter planes
2. What was radar?
a. A type of fast moving fighter plane
b. A long range bomb
c. A way to detect aircraft with radio waves
d. A nuclear bomb
e. A type of secret code used by the Germans
3. What small and fast airplanes were designed for air-to-air combat?
a. Long range bombers
b. Torpedo bombers
c. Transport planes
d. Fighter planes
e. All of the above
4. What became the most powerful ship in the navy by the end of World War II?
b. Aircraft Carrier
5. What Native American tribal language did the United States use as a secret code during World War II?
d. Nez Perce
6. What country invented the V-1 flying bomb and the V-2 rocket bomb?
d. United States
e. Soviet Union
7. What Japanese cities did the United States drop atomic bombs on during World War II?
a. Berlin and Munich
b. Tokyo and Osaka
c. London and Paris
d. Hiroshima and Nagasaki
e. Stalingrad and Moscow
8. What new technology allowed planes to take off and land anywhere in the ocean?
a. Aircraft carriers
b. Fighter planes
e. Secret codes
9. What was the 'Enigma Machine'?
a. A special type of radar invented by the Japanese
b. The code name for the first atomic bomb
c. A German machine used to code and decode secret messages
d. The tank used by the United States
e. A flying rocket bomb invented by the Germans
10. What new technologies allowed governments to disperse propaganda in World War II?
a. Motion pictures
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the World War II - Technology page at www.ducksters.com/history/world_war_ii/technology_of_ww2.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.