World War I - United States
1. Around how long after World War I began did the United States declare war on Germany?
a. 2 weeks
b. 3 months
c. 1 year
d. 3 years
e. 7 years
2. Who was president of the United States during World War I?
a. Woodrow Wilson
b. Harry Truman
c. Franklin Roosevelt
d. Grover Cleveland
e. William Taft
3. What was the Lusitania?
a. A U.S. battleship sunk by the Germans
b. A German submarine
c. A passenger ship sunk by the Germans
d. A German battleship sunk by the British
e. A French battleship sunk by Austria-Hungary
4. What event was the final straw that forced the U.S. to enter World War I?
a. Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand
b. Zimmerman Telegram
c. Attack on Pearl Harbor
d. Sinking of the Lusitania
e. Germany's invasion of Belgium
5. What year did the United States enter World War I?
6. True or False: The United States entering the war tipped the balance in favor of the Allies and helped to defeat Germany.
7. What did Germany promise Mexico if they would ally against the United States?
a. Southern France
c. A good trade deal
d. Tanks and weapons to invade the U.S.
e. Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona
8. Around how many U.S. soldiers were involved in World War I?
c. 1 million
d. 4 million
e. 10 million
9. What was the name of President Wilson's plans for peace and goals of the United States in the war?
a. Fourteen Points
b. Wilson Doctrine
c. Magna Carta
d. Treaty of Versailles
e. League of Allies
10. Who was the general who commanded the United States military in World War I?
a. Marshall Foch
b. Douglas Haig
c. John J. Pershing
d. George Patton
e. Dwight D. Eisenhower
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the World War I - United States page at www.ducksters.com/history/world_war_i/united_states_in_ww1.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.