World War I - After the War
1. What was the name of the final attack of the Allies that helped to end World War I?
a. Operation Overlord
b. Hundred Days Offensive
c. Operation Rolling Thunder
d. Western Front Offensive
e. Desert Storm
2. What is an armistice?
a. When both sides attack at the same time
b. When both sides retreat at the same time
c. When one side wins a decisive battle
d. When both sides agree to stop fighting
e. When one side runs out of ammunition
3. What date did the fighting in World War I come to an end?
a. December 7, 1917
b. November 1, 1917
c. November 11, 1918
d. February 12, 1919
e. April 1, 1919
4. What was the name of the treaty signed between Germany and the Allied Powers?
a. Treaty of Versailles
b. Treaty of Paris
c. Treaty of Germany
d. Treaty of WW1
e. Treaty of Berlin
5. What punishment did Germany receive after losing World War I?
a. They had to pay reparations
b. They had to give up land to France
c. They had to disarm
d. All of the above
e. Germany did not receive any punishment
6. What country was not a part of the 'Big Four' that negotiated with Germany?
b. United States
7. Which leader did not think that Germany should be harshly punished for their part in the war?
a. Woodrow Wilson
b. Georges Clemenceau
c. David Lloyd George
d. Vittorio Orlando
e. They all thought Germany should be harshly punished
8. True or False: The United States did not sign the Treaty of Versailles or join the League of Nations.
9. Which of the following was a new country formed after World War I?
e. All of the above
10. What organization of countries was formed after World War I to prevent future wars?
a. Peace Corps
b. League of Nations
d. United Nations
e. Warsaw Pact
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the World War I - After the War page at www.ducksters.com/history/world_war_i/end_of_ww1_post_war.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.