Westward Expansion - Pony Express
1. What did the Pony Express deliver?
a. Fresh fruit
2. Around how long was the route covered by the Pony Express?
a. 50 miles
b. 100 miles
c. 900 miles
d. 1900 miles
e. 2600 miles
3. The easternmost point of the Pony Express was in what state?
a. New York
c. North Carolina
4. What city in California did the Pony Express route end at?
a. Los Angeles
b. San Diego
c. San Francisco
5. True or False: Hundreds of Pony Express riders were killed while trying to deliver the mail.
6. What year did the Pony Express begin?
7. What new invention caused the Pony Express to become obsolete?
e. Mobile phone
8. Around how long did it take for mail to travel along the entire Pony Express route?
a. 2 days
b. 4 days
c. 9 days
d. 3 weeks
e. 2 months
9. How much was a Pony Express rider paid per month?
10. True or False: Pony Express riders were typically skinny teenagers who weighed less than 125 pounds.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Westward Expansion - Pony Express page at /history/westward_expansion/pony_express.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.