Westward Expansion - Oregon Trail
1. Around how long is the Oregon Trail?
a. 100 miles
b. 500 miles
c. 1,000 miles
d. 2,000 miles
e. 4,000 miles
2. In what state did the Oregon Trail begin?
a. New York
3. What was the main vehicle used to carry belongings by pioneers on the Oregon Trail?
c. Covered Wagon
d. Jeep Cherokee
4. True or False: The main danger to pioneers on the trail was Native Americans.
5. Around how long did it typically take for a wagon train to travel the Oregon Trail?
a. 2 weeks
b. 1 month
c. 5 months
d. 1 year
e. 2 years
6. Which of the following states did the Oregon Trail NOT pass through?
7. During what century was the Oregon Trail most traveled?
8. In what state did the Oregon Trail end?
d. New Mexico
9. What was the main cause of death to pioneers on the trail?
c. Native American attacks
10. What was the main item that pioneers brought with them in their covered wagons?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Westward Expansion - Oregon Trail page at /history/westward_expansion/oregon_trail.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.