US Government - Democracy
1. What are the two main types of democracies?
a. Dictatorship and Direct
b. Monarchy and Representative
c. Communist and Socialist
d. Direct and Representative
e. Republican and Democrat
2. Which type of government is the United States?
c. Representative Democracy
d. Direct Democracy
3. Which of the following best describes a democracy?
a. A government run by the people
b. A government run by a single person
c. A government run by powerful corporations
d. A government run by a small group of people
e. A type of anarchy
4. According to the article, where was one of the first direct democracies formed?
5. True or False: People living in democracies tend to have more freedoms, protections, and a higher standard of living than in other forms of government.
6. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a modern democracy?
a. The power rests in the hands of the people
b. Free elections
c. Limits on lawmakers
d. Only the very wealthy get to vote
e. Majority rule with individual rights
7. What word is used to define the U.S. government in the U.S. Constitution?
8. Is the United States considered a democracy?
9. Which of the following is not a typical criticism of democracy as a form of government?
a. Only the wealthy can afford to run for office
b. Two part systems can limit voter choices
c. They can be inefficient
d. Corruption can limit the fairness of elections
e. Only the poorest countries in the world are democracies
10. True or False: Voters in democracies are sometimes uninformed and don't understand the issues.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the US Government - Democracy page at /history/us_government/democracy.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.