War in Afghanistan
1. Why did the U.S. attack certain military groups in Afghanistan?
a. To get control of their oil
b. Because of the Gulf War
c. To stop the Russian invaders
d. In retaliation for the 9-11 attacks
e. All of the above
2. What Afghanistan group helped the terrorist group al-Qaeda?
b. Northern Alliance
c. Iraqi Army
d. Syrian rebels
3. Who was the leader of al-Qaeda?
a. Saddam Hussein
b. Osama bin Laden
c. Idi Amin
d. Muammar Gaddafi
e. Hasni Mubarak
4. When did the war in Afghanistan begin?
5. What was the name of the U.S. military operation in Afghanistan?
a. Project Overlord
c. Operation Desert Storm
d. Operation Desert Fox
e. Enduring Freedom
6. True or False: The United States easily defeated the Taliban and peace was restored to Afghanistan.
7. Where was Osama bin Laden found?
8. What Afghanistan group allied with the U.S. to stop the Taliban?
a. Southern Alliance
b. Western Alliance
c. Eastern Alliance
d. Northern Alliance
9. Who was Hamid Karzai?
a. President of the Afghanistan government through much of the war
b. Leader of the Taliban
c. Leader of al-Qaeda after Osama bin Laden was killed
d. General in charge of the coalition forces
e. Afghanistan rebel leader
10. True or False: A major source of income for the Taliban is the drug heroin.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the War in Afghanistan page at /history/us_1900s/war_in_afghanistan.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.