The Great Depression - Stock Market Crash
1. What year did the stock market crash discussed in the article occur?
2. Around how long did the Great Depression last?
a. 2 years
b. 5 years
c. 10 years
d. 40 years
e. 100 years
3. During what month did the stock market begin to crash?
4. Which of the following caused the stock market to crash?
a. Wild speculation
b. People buying stock on credit
c. Slow economy
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
5. What is it called when people buy stocks using credit?
d. Mutual Fund
6. True or False: The stock market crash is generally considered the start of the Great Depression.
7. When did the stock market eventually recover?
a. 2 years later
8. What is a nickname for a time when stocks are overvalued?
9. What was the result of the stock market crash?
a. The economy recovered
b. Many people lost their savings
c. Business improved
d. New jobs were created
e. All of the above
10. True or False: Before the crash, the stock market continued to rise even though the economy had slowed.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the The Great Depression - Stock Market Crash page at /history/us_1900s/stock_market_crash_1929.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.