Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. In what country was jazz invented?
a. Great Britain
c. United States
2. What is it called when music is made up while playing the song?
3. During what decade did jazz first become popular?
4. What were the illegal clubs called that sold alcohol and played jazz during prohibition?
b. Coffee houses
5. What jazz term was used to describe a jazz musician?
a. Bird dog
6. Which of the following was a jazz dance?
a. The Trot
b. The Shimmy
c. The Black Bottom
d. The Charleston
e. All of the above
7. What jazz term was used when referring to the drummer?
c. Hot plate
e. Skins player
8. True or False: Jazz influenced a number of modern music styles including hip hop and rock and roll.
9. In what city did jazz first become popular?
a. New York
d. New Orleans
10. What jazz term was used to describe a paying music job?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Jazz page at /history/us_1900s/jazz.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.