Battle of the Alamo
1. In what future state did the Battle of Alamo take place?
a. New Mexico
2. What was the Alamo before it became a fort?
a. A mission
b. A Native American village
c. A plantation mansion
d. A palace
e. It was always a fort
3. What famous Mexican general led the attack on the Alamo?
a. Robert E. Lee
b. Pancho Villa
c. Emiliano Zapata
e. Santa Anna
4. What year did the Battle of the Alamo take place?
5. What Texan leader thought that the fort should be abandoned?
a. Santa Anna
b. Sam Houston
c. Davy Crockett
d. John Coker
e. Thomas Green
6. How many of the Texan soldiers survived the battle?
a. None of them
e. All of them
7. Around how many Texan soldiers were there defending the Alamo?
8. Around how many Mexican soldiers attacked the Alamo?
9. What rallying cry about the Alamo did Texan troops yell in future battles?
a. Texan or die!
b. Remember Davy Crockett!
c. Remember the Alamo!
d. Revenge the Alamo!
e. Save the Alamo!
10. True or False: No Mexican soldiers were killed in the Battle of the Alamo.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Battle of the Alamo page at /history/us_1800s/battle_of_the_alamo.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.