Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. How did the Medici family become wealthy?
a. Selling weapons
b. Farming land
c. Banking and wool
d. Selling art
e. Real estate
2. What city did the Medici family rule?
3. What famous scientist did the Medici family support?
4. Why was the Medici family important to the growth of the Renaissance?
a. Because they were talented artists
b. Because they invented humanist philosophy
c. Because they helped to invent the printing press
d. Because they supported the arts and artists
e. Because they made it legal to paint in Italy
5. Which word below is used to describe people who support artists?
6. Which member of the Medici was the founder of the Medici dynasty?
7. How many popes came from the Medici family?
8. What country did both Catherine de Medici and Marie de Medici become queen of?
9. Besides painting, what other subjects did the Medici support?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
10. Which member of the Medici family ruled during the height of the Renaissance and supported such artists as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Medici Family page at www.ducksters.com/history/renaissance/medici_family.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.