1. In which city-state did the Italian Renaissance begin?
2. What type of craft or business was Milan famous for?
3. Which of the statements below best describes a city-state?
a. An independent region ruled by a powerful city
b. A powerful city that is part of a larger country
c. A section of a state similar to a county
d. Any city that is part of a larger state
e. All of the above
4. What wealthy family ruled the city-state of Florence?
5. Which city-state ruled the southern region of Italy?
6. Who was the ruler of both the city-state of Rome and the Catholic Church?
a. Medici Family
b. The pope
c. The King of Italy
d. The King of France
e. Sforza Family
7. True or False: The city-state of Rome did not support artists or play a part in the Renaissance.
8. The trading power of Venice was affected when this city was conquered by the Ottoman Empire.
9. True or False: The wealth of the Italian city-states played an important part in the development of the Renaissance.
10. This city-state was conquered by Spain in 1504?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Italian City-States page at www.ducksters.com/history/renaissance/italian_city-states.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.