Daily Life in the Renaissance
1. What people made up the middle class of the Renaissance times?
a. Kings and queens
b. Merchants and craftsmen
c. Farmers and peasants
d. Slaves and servants
e. Earls and dukes
2. True or False: Most people lived in a large home with several rooms and running water.
3. Why did the people of the Renaissance not drink the water?
a. Because milk was cheaper
b. Because water was very expensive
c. Because all of the water was used to grow crops
d. Because the water would make them sick
e. Because drinking water was reserved for the king
4. What was the primary religion of people in Europe during the Renaissance?
5. What new philosophy was important to the Renaissance movement and thinking of the time?
6. True or False: All of Europe used the same standard of money, similar to the Euro today.
7. What was the place in town where most of the shopping and trading was done during the Renaissance?
a. The mall
b. The shopping center
c. The market
d. The grocery store
e. The Walmart
8. Of the below people, who was most likely to go to school?
a. Peasant boy
b. Merchant girl
c. Servant boy
d. Noble boy
e. All of the above
9. True or False: Dancing was strictly outlawed during the Renaissance and violators were put in prison.
10. What invention had a huge impact on the daily life of the people of the Renaissance?
a. Printing press
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Daily Life in the Renaissance page at www.ducksters.com/history/renaissance/daily_life_in_the_renaissance.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.