Native Americans - Social Structure
1. What is the name for a large group of Native Americans that have language, culture, and geography in common?
2. Which of the following is an example of extreme punishment in Native American society?
c. Banishment from the tribe
e. All of the above
3. True or False: Men and women had the same roles and jobs in Native American society.
4. What was the next division of society below the tribe?
5. Which of the following would have been considered the most valuable in Native American society?
6. True or False: Native Americans considered generosity a weakness and a character flaw.
7. What were most clans named after?
e. None of the above
8. What was the title of a woman who was leader of a clan?
b. Clan Mother
9. What is the title for the leader of a tribe or clan?
10. True or False: It was important for tribe members to conform if they wanted to be a part of society.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Native Americans - Social Structure page at /history/native_americans/social_structure.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.