Native Americans - Osage Nation
1. In what area of the United States did the traditional Osage people live?
2. What did the Osage trade to the French in exchange for horses?
c. Bison meat
3. Why were the Osage forced from their lands by the United States?
a. The U.S. wanted their land for a National Park
b. To make room for settlers
c. The Osage moved on their own
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
4. What kind of permanent dome-shaped homes did the Osage live in?
5. In what state is the modern-day Osage reservation located?
6. How did many Osage become wealthy in the late 1800s?
a. Oil was discovered on their land
b. They opened several casinos
c. They started a successful banking company
d. Gold was discovered on their land
e. Making artistic rugs
7. What type of material was used to make the tradition clothing of the Osage?
e. Rabbit fur
8. What does the name Osage mean in French?
a. Pierced noses
b. Strange warriors
c. Water people
d. Meat eaters
e. Sun people
9. What type of homes did the Osage live in when they were hunting bison on the Great Plains?
10. What famous ballerina is a member of the Osage Nation?
a. Anna Pavlova
b. Wilma Mankiller
c. Misty Copeland
d. Maria Tallchief
e. Julie Kent
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Native Americans - Osage Nation page at /history/native_americans/osage_nation.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.