Battle of Little Bighorn
1. In what U.S. state did the Battle of Little Bighorn take place?
d. North Carolina
2. Which of the following is a common nickname for the Battle of Little Bighorn?
a. Remember the Alamo
c. Battle of California
d. Desert Storm
e. Custer's Last Stand
3. Which of the following was not a Native American leader at the battle?
a. Sitting Bull
c. Crazy Horse
d. Two Moon
e. Chief Gall
4. Where does the name Battle of Little Bighorn come from?
a. The city of Little Bighorn
b. Chief Little Bighorn
c. The Little Bighorn River
d. General Little Bighorn
e. The Little Bighorn tribe
5. What was found in the Black Hills that caused the U.S. government to want control of the land?
6. True or False: After Custer lost the battle, the U.S. decided to let the Native Americans keep the land?
7. What happened to the men who remained with Custer during the battle?
a. Several were injured
b. Around half of them were killed
c. They escaped and were rescued
d. They all died
e. They joined the Native Americans
8. What famous Indian Chief had a vision of the battle where he foresaw victory for the tribes?
a. Sitting Bull
c. Chief Joseph
d. Crazy Horse
9. Which one of the following tribes fought in the Battle of Little Bighorn?
c. Nez Perce
10. Historians estimate that the Native Americans had around 2500 warriors at the battle. Around how many soldiers did the Americans have?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Battle of Little Bighorn page at /history/native_americans/battle_of_little_big_horn.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.