1. Which of the following statements best describes the Iroquois?
a. A league or confederacy of tribes
b. A single tribe
c. A number of tribes that warred with each other constantly
d. A group of tribes living in California
e. A wondering group of nomad tribes that lived in teepees
2. In what area of the country did the Iroquois live?
b. Great Plains
3. How many tribes made up the Iroquois Nation?
b. 2 to 3
d. 5 to 6
4. What type of homes did the Iroquois live in?
e. Wattle and daub
5. Which type of government ruled the Iroquois?
e. None, they didn`t have any type of government
6. What type of clothing did the Iroquois women wear?
a. Cotton dresses
b. Deerskin skirts and blouses
c. Wool skirts and shirts
d. Silk robes
e. Cloaks made of buffalo hide
7. What did it mean when a woman had a single braid in her hair?
a. That she was still considered a girl
b. That she was a grandmother
c. That she was married
d. That her husband was away at war
e. It didn`t mean anything
8. What sport that is still played today was invented by the Iroquois?
9. What did the Iroquois refer to as the Three Sisters?
a. Their three main religions
b. Their three main crops
c. Their three main forms of art
d. Their three main gods
e. Their three main leaders
10. What do we call the hair style today that most of the men of the Iroquois wore?
a. Buzz cut
d. Bowl cut
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Iroquois Nation page at /history/native_american_iroquois.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.