1. In what area of the country did the Cherokee live before the Europeans arrived?
2. In what type of homes did the Cherokee live?
e. Wattle and daub
3. Who did the Cherokee fight against in the French and Indian War?
e. The United States
4. Who invented the Cherokee alphabet and a writing system for the Cherokee language?
e. Black Hawk
5. What sport that is still played today is similar to the stickball game that the Cherokee played?
6. Who did the Cherokee side with during the American Revolutionary War?
a. The United States
7. What is the name of the forced march when the Cherokees moved from the southeast to Oklahoma?
a. Happy Hunting Ground
b. Green Corn Festival
c. Hike of Hope
d. Trail of Tears
e. Unfortunate Move
8. Around how many Cherokee died on the march to Oklahoma?
9. True or False: The Cherokee were a religious people who often performed ceremonies to ask for help from the spirits.
10. What does the name Cherokee mean?
a. People of the South
b. Speakers of another language
c. Canoe riders
d. Mountain dwellers
e. Hunters of deer
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Cherokee Tribe page at /history/native_american_cherokee.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.