Coat of Arms
Questions on this quiz are based on information from
Coat of Arms.
1. What was the original purpose for a coat of arms for knights?
a. To frighten the enemy with a scary beast
b. To distract the enemy with bright colors
c. To exhibit their artistic side
d. To distinguish one knight from another
e. To look cool
2. What is another name for having a special symbol or coat of arms?
3. What is the main shield shape of a coat of arms called?
4. True or False: Any knight could make up their own official coat of arms to be any design they want.
5. What is the charge on a coat of arms?
a. The background
b. The main color
c. The shield or shape of the badge
d. The colorful designs around the side
e. The main picture in the center
6. What was the job of a herald?
a. To keep track of who had what coat of arms
b. To sew the designs onto the banner of the knight
c. To clean the armor and weapons of the knight
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
7. True or False: The background of a coat of arms is always a solid color.
8. Which color is the color of the nobility and a warrior?
9. What animal is featured on the English royal coat of arms?
10. What are tinctures in a coat of arms?
a. Small designs around the border
b. Different shield shapes used for the design
e. Mottos written along the top
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Coat of Arms page at /history/middle_ages/knight_coat_of_arms.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.