Science and Technology of Ancient Mesopotamia
1. Which civilization is credited for being the first to invent writing?
2. Why did the ancient Mesopotamians need mathematics?
a. To create an accurate calendar
b. For major building projects
c. For accounting and business transactions
d. For their work in astronomy
e. All of the above
3. True or False: The medicine employed by the ancient Mesopotamians was all magic and superstition rather than science and logic.
4. What number did the Mesopotamian civilizations use as the base number for their numbering system?
5. How many months did they have in their calendar?
6. About how many years ago did the Sumerians start to use the wheel on vehicles?
7. True or false: We get 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, and 360 degrees in a circle from the ancient Mesopotamians.
8. What ancient city had two huge walls built 35 feet high and over 20 feet wide for miles and miles around it?
9. The Mesopotamians studied the phases of this celestial body in order to develop their calendar.
a. The sun
c. The Moon
10. What technology did they take advantage of in order to make strong weapons and tools?
c. Iron making
d. The Wheel
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Science and Technology of Ancient Mesopotamia page at /history/mesopotamia/science_and_technology.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.