Religion and Gods of Mesopotamia
1. What was the name of the temple at the center of the city in Mesopotamia?
b. Sky Temple
d. High Place
e. Worship center
2. True or False: Each major city was associated with a primary god.
3. Who was the primary god of the Babylonians?
4. What was Enlil god of?
a. The afterlife
b. Air, wind, and storms
c. Justice and the law
d. The moon and the stars
e. The sea
5. What group of people worshiped Ashur as their primary god?
6. What Sumerian god of wisdom and intellect was considered the shaper of the world and was most closely associated with the city of Eridu?
7. Which of the following best describes the Sumerian god Inanna?
a. God of the moon associated with the city of Ur
b. Goddess of war associated with the city of Uruk
c. God of the sea who was drawn as a great dragon
d. God of the sun who ruled justice and the law
e. God of love and war associated with the city of Nineveh
8. What religion did the Persians follow?
a. Same as the Sumer
b. They did not have a religion
c. They worshiped the Egyptian gods
9. True or False: The Persians believed in many gods and that it did not matter if you were good or bad.
10. The mythology of this European civilization may have been widely influenced by the gods of the Mesopotamians.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Religion and Gods of Mesopotamia page at /history/mesopotamia/religion_gods.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.