Code of Hammurabi
1. What was the Code of Hammurabi?
a. A way of coding secret messages
b. A written set of laws
c. A type of architecture that allowed for tall pyramids to be constructed
d. A means of communication using drums
e. A type of computer language
2. Who was Hammurabi?
a. A Babylonian judge
b. The Babylonian god of justice
c. The last king of the Assyrian Empire
d. A great scribe who recorded the history of Mesopotamia
e. The first king of the Babylonian Empire
3. What types of laws were included in the code?
c. Laws about slavery
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
4. Around how many laws were included in the code?
5. On what famous object was the code inscribed?
a. Diorite stele
b. Taj Majal
c. Babylonian Ziggurat
d. Hanging Gardens
e. The Sword of Hammurabi
6. True or False: Some of the laws in the Hammurabi Code describe exactly what a worker should earn for a job.
7. What was the punishment for a son who hit his father?
a. He was spanked three times
b. He was sent to timeout for 30 minutes
c. His hands would be cut off
d. He was thrown off the city walls
e. He did not get any dinner
8. What is diorite?
a. The Babylonian word for law
b. A black rock
c. A city in the Babylonian Empire
d. The Babylonian god of justice
e. A type of writing used during Ancient Mesopotamia
9. What language was the Code of Hammurabi written in?
10. True or False: The Code of Hammurabi is important because it tells us a lot about the way the people of Babylon lived.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Code of Hammurabi page at /history/mesopotamia/code_of_hammurabi.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.