Art and Artisans of Ancient Mesopotamia
1. What common material was used to make pottery, buildings, and tablets?
2. What Mesopotamian invention helped to improve the quality of pottery?
b. The wheel
e. The loom
3. Who wore jewelry in Mesopotamia?
a. Only men
b. Only women
c. Men and women
d. Only children
e. Only the king
4. What metal was used in Mesopotamia that was a mixture of tin and copper?
5. True or False: The pottery and sculptures of Ancient Mesopotamia were often painted.
6. What were cylinder seals used as?
b. To seal tombs
c. Plugs for irrigation canals
d. Decorations on necklaces
e. For religious ceremonies
7. What did carpenters work on?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
8. True or False: The Sumerians never mastered the art of making glass.
9. What ancient culture was influenced by the art of the Assyrians?
10. True or False: Some of the pottery of Mesopotamia can be considered works of art made in different shapes, glazes, and patterns.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Art and Artisans of Ancient Mesopotamia page at /history/mesopotamia/artisans_art_craftsmen.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.