Colonial America - Women's Roles
1. True or False: Woman during colonial times had it easy and didn't have to work hard.
2. What was considered the main job of most wives during colonial times?
a. Working the farm
b. Running businesses
d. Managing the home
e. Teaching in schools
3. Did a colonial woman have more legal rights if she was married or single?
c. The same either way
4. Which of the following was a job that a woman might have in the city?
5. How much education did most women receive?
b. Elementary school
c. High school
e. Private tutors
6. Which of the following could married women do during colonials times?
b. Hold public office
c. Buy property
d. Sign a contract
e. None of the above
7. True or False: Women who did not conform to society were often shunned or punished.
8. Which group of people typically had the toughest life during colonial times?
a. Free men
b. Free women
c. Slave men
d. Slave women
9. Why were Puritan women often taught to read?
a. To run the family business
b. So they could read the Bible
c. For entertainment
d. To examine legal documents
e. Due to equal rights
10. True or False: Most colonial women took the afternoon off to take a nap or read a book.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Colonial America - Women's Roles page at /history/colonial_america/womens_roles.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.