Webquest and test printout for Colonial America - Daily Life in the City quiz. Printer friendly version.
Colonial America - Daily Life in the City
1. Where merchants and artisans usually lived and worked?
2. Tradesmen and merchants were part of what social class?
d. Wealthy gentry
3. True or False: Tradesmen often worked long hours with 16 hour days.
4. According to the article, which of the following jobs is not a tradesman?
5. Where did most of people in colonial times go on Sunday?
d. Out to eat
6. True or False: There were not any slaves in the cities during colonial times.
7. According to the article, which of the following jobs is not a professional?
e. None of the above
8. Where did colonial men often go to discuss politics and business?
e. Wig shop
9. What was the main form of entertainment at parties?
e. Video games
10. True or False: Education was typically more available for people living in the city than on the farm.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Colonial America - Daily Life in the City page at /history/colonial_america/daily_life_in_the_city.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.