Colonial America - Places
1. What building typically held the weapons for a colonial town?
e. Post Office
2. Where did wealthy gentlemen gather to discuss business and have non-alcoholic drinks?
3. In what building did everyone in the town typically gather on Sunday?
4. What was the first building typically built in a new colonial town?
5. True or False: Most colonial towns did not have any shops where you could buy things.
6. What was the gaol?
a. A shop for buying candles
b. A meeting place
c. The home for the governor
d. Where the weapons and gunpowder were kept
e. The town jail
7. In which building would the local judge oversee trials and make rulings?
a. Post office
8. True or False: A lot of plans were made for the American Revolution by men meeting in taverns.
9. What type of shop specialized in making medicine?
10. What material was typically used to build the magazine?
e. None of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Colonial America - Places page at /history/colonial_america/buildings_places_colonial_town.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.