Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. What two major bodies of water does the Suez Canal connect?
a. Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean
b. Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean
c. South China Sea and the Bay of Bengal
d. Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea
e. North Sea and the Baltic Sea
2. What country does the Suez Canal run through?
c. Saudi Arabia
d. United Kingdom
3. What two countries colluded with Israel to regain control of the Suez Canal after it had been seized by Egypt?
a. Syria and Lebanon
b. United States and Germany
c. Soviet Union and Iraq
d. Libya and Sudan
e. France and Great Britain
4. Who was the leader of Egypt during the Suez Crisis?
a. Anwar Sadat
b. Hosni Mubarak
c. Gamal Abdel Nasser
d. Sufi Taleb
e. Muhammed Naguib
5. What year did the Suez Canal first open?
6. What major superpower threatened to enter the conflict on the side of the Egyptians?
a. Soviet Union
b. United States
c. Great Britain
7. True or False: After the crisis, the Suez Canal was open only to countries that were close allies with Egypt.
8. What public project did Nasser hope to pay for with the revenue from taking control of the Suez Canal?
a. Nile Barrage
b. Ismailia Canal
c. Hoover Dam
d. Aswan Dam
e. Widening the Canal
9. How long did it take to build the Suez Canal?
a. 6 months
b. 1 year
c. 2 years
d. 5 years
e. 10 years
10. True or false: Nasser became a hero in the Arab world for his role in the Suez Crisis, while British Prime Minister Anthony Eden ended up resigning shortly after.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Suez Crisis page at /history/cold_war/suez_crisis.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.