Bay of Pigs
Questions on this quiz are based on information from
Bay of Pigs.
1. Who was the leader of Cuba during the Bay of Pigs invasion?
a. Nikita Khrushchev
b. Fidel Castro
c. Raul Castro
d. Che Guevara
e. President Batista
2. What United States government agency helped to train the Cuban exiles who were involved in the invasion?
a. National Security Agency
c. Central Intelligence Agency
d. Department of Defense
e. US Navy
3. What larger war was the Bay of Pigs invasion a part of?
a. Vietnam War
b. Korean War
c. Yom Kippur War
d. Central American War
e. Cold War
4. True or false: The invasion was a great success for the United States and the Cuban exiles.
5. About how big was the invasion force of Cuban exiles?
a. 1000 soldiers
b. 1500 soldiers
c. 3000 soldiers
d. 20,000 soldiers
e. 50,000 soldiers
6. What US President ordered the invasion?
a. John F. Kennedy
b. Dwight Eisenhower
c. Richard Nixon
d. Lyndon B. Johnson
e. Jimmy Carter
7. What type of government had just taken over Cuba that the US and the exiles hoped to remove from power?
e. None of the above
8. What year did the Bay of Pigs invasion take place?
9. Which country became a strong military ally of the Cuban government after the Bay of Pigs?
a. United States
e. Soviet Union
10. What happened to most of the Cuban exiles who took part in the invasion?
a. They were captured by the Cuban army and put into prison or killed
b. They escaped into the mountains and continued to fight for years
c. They fled to the cities and were able to avoid capture
d. They were rescued by the US Navy
e. They were later airlifted out of Cuba by helicopter
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Bay of Pigs page at /history/cold_war/bay_of_pigs.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.