Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. What two countries were most involved in the Arms Race during the Cold War?
a. France and Germany
b. Cuba and the Netherlands
c. United States and Soviet Union
d. Vietnam and China
e. Japan and the United Kingdom
2. What type of weapon was designed by the Manhattan Project?
a. Aircraft carrier
b. Remove drone
c. Gatling gun
d. High powered laser
e. Atomic bomb
3. What country had two atomic bombs dropped on it during World War II?
4. What did MAD stand for in regards to the Arms Race?
a. Masters Against Defense
b. Mutual Anti Detonation
c. Maximum Allowed Devastation
d. Mutually Assured Destruction
e. Mass Acceleration Disassembly
5. The easing of relations between the east and west in the Cold War was termed:
c. The Warm War
d. The Melting
6. True or False: The Soviet Union knew all about the Manhattan Project even though it was top secret.
7. Besides the United States and the Soviet Union, what other countries had nuclear bombs during the Cold War?
a. Germany, Canada, and India
b. Japan, Mexico, and Ireland
c. France, Great Britain, and China
d. China, Japan, and Vietnam
e. Australia, Great Britain, and Canada
8. What was the acronym for the arms reduction talks between the United States and the Soviet Union?
9. What event effectively ended the Arms Race?
a. The end of the Vietnam War
b. The start of the Gulf War
c. The signing of the SALT agreements
d. The landing of the first man on the Moon
e. The collapse of the Soviet Union
10. True or False: Both sides would have suffered great losses in the event of a nuclear war.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Arms Race page at /history/cold_war/arms_race.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.