Civil War - Weapons
1. Why was the rifle superior to the musket?
a. It could take down fortifications
b. It fired larger bullets
c. It was cheaper to make
d. It was more accurate
e. All of the above
2. What was the blade attached to the end of a musket called?
3. What type of weapon used during the Civil War was named the Napoleon?
4. What new communications technology gave the North an advantage over the South?
b. Walkie talkie
d. Smoke signals
5. What were ships protected by steel or iron plates called?
6. True or False: The South had more railroads which gave them an advantage in transportation.
7. What was the H.L. Hunley?
b. Type of cannon
d. Ironclad ship
8. How many men did it take to operate a cannon?
9. What was the most popular type of bullet used during the Civil War?
a. Spitzer bullet
b. Boat tail
c. Hollow point
d. Minie ball
e. Full metal jacket
10. True or False: The Civil War was the first major U.S. war to be documented with photography.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Civil War - Weapons page at /history/civil_war/weapons_and_technology.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.