1. What was the Union Blockade?
a. A tall wall built along the Mason-Dixon Line
b. A wall with spikes used to defend forts
c. A type of shield used by Union troops
d. A battle strategy used by Union generals to constrict the Confederate forces
e. A number of ships used to block ports along the Confederate coastline
2. During what war did the Union use a blockade to help defeat the Confederacy?
a. American Civil War
b. World War II
c. World War I
d. Mexican-American War
e. War of 1812
3. What was the name for the Union military plan that incorporated a blockade to defeat the South?
a. The Scott Plan
b. The Anaconda Plan
c. The Southern Block Plan
d. The Defensive Line Plan
e. The Anti-Ocean Plan
4. What year did the Union Blockade end?
5. What major Confederate crop saw exports fall by 95 percent during the Civil War?
6. True or False: The Union Blockade was completely unsuccessful and a waste of valuable Union resources.
7. What were the ships called that tried to get pass the blockade?
b. Blockade runners
c. Confederate speedboats
d. Blockade smashers
e. Southern evaders
8. Around how many ships did the Union use to guard the Confederate coastline?
9. What Union General came up with the strategy of the blockade?
a. Ulysses S. Grant
b. Phil Sheridan
c. Winfield Scott
d. William Sherman
e. George McClellan
10. True or False: A number of ships made it through the blockade, but they were small and could carry little cargo.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Union Blockade page at /history/civil_war/union_blockade.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.