Civil War - Medicine
1. Which of the following words best describes a Civil War field hospital?
2. What was the biggest concern for wounded soldiers in the field hospital?
c. Clean sheets
d. Staying warm
e. Sharp needles
3. What was the main type of surgery that doctors performed?
b. Artery bypass
e. Kidney transplant
4. True or False: Doctors didn't wash their hands or clean their instruments between surgeries.
5. What did most soldiers in the Civil War die from?
a. Gunshot wounds
b. Stab wounds
6. What medicine do we use today to stop infections that they didn't have during the Civil War?
7. True or False: Medicine was much more advanced than weapons during the Civil War.
8. What nickname did doctors earn during the Civil War?
9. What position was Mary Walker the only woman in the Union to hold during the Civil War?
d. Master spy
10. Did Civil War doctors have a way to sedate patients before surgery?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Civil War - Medicine page at /history/civil_war/medicine.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.