Civil War - Causes
1. Who fought the North in the American Civil War?
2. What was the main driver of the economy in the North during the Civil War?
3. Why did the South need slaves, but the North didn't?
a. Large plantations in the south needed slave labor to profit
b. Slave labor was needed to work the mines in the South
c. Slaves ran the large steel mills and appliance factories in the South
d. All of the above
e. The South didn't want slave labor
4. What were people who wanted to outlaw slavery called?
5. True or False: The southern states wanted the federal government to have all the power and make all the laws.
6. In what state did the first fighting over slavery take place?
e. New York
7. What political party did Abraham Lincoln belong to?
8. Which of the following was not a cause of the American Civil War?
a. States' Rights
b. Pearl Harbor Attack
d. Abraham Lincoln elected
e. Expansion of the United states
9. True or False: Abraham Lincoln wasn't on the voting ballot in 10 of the Southern states.
10. What was the name of the new country that was formed by the southern states?
a. United States of the South
b. Republic of Texas
c. Confederate States of America
d. New Britain
e. Democratic Republic of the Carolinas
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Civil War - Causes page at /history/civil_war/causes_of_the_civil_war.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.