1. Who was the Terracotta Army built for?
a. Marco Polo
b. The Yellow Emperor
d. Kublai Khan
e. Emperor Qin
2. What was the Terracotta Army a part of?
a. A palace
b. A tomb
c. An art exhibit
d. A sculpture contest
e. A life-sized board game
3. About how many clay soldiers were part of the Terracotta Army?
4. True or False: The soldiers of the Terracotta Army all looked exactly the same.
5. What was the average height of the soldiers?
a. 3 feet 9 inches
b. 4 feet 6 inches
c. 5 feet
d. 5 feet 11 inches
e. 7 feet
6. What is terracotta?
a. A type of bronze
b. A special kind of paper mache
c. A hard-baked clay
d. An easily carved, but long lasting wood
e. A soft rock found in southern China
7. When was the Terracotta army discovered by Chinese farmers?
8. What custom features were added to the soldiers to make them unique?
e. All of the above
9. Around how many craftsmen do archeologists estimate worked on the terracotta army and the tomb of the emperor?
10. True or False: The Terracotta Army was found completely intact and looking exactly as it did when it was buried 2000 years ago.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Terracotta Army page at /history/china/terracotta_army.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.