Ancient China - Entertainment
1. What form of art was thought to bring harmony to nature through Taoism?
2. What form of Ancient Chinese entertainment combined music, acting, and dance?
b. Card games
c. Board games
3. What were the first kites used for in Ancient China?
a. To entertain children
b. For military purposes
c. To catch birds
d. To learn about aerodynamics
e. None of the above
4. What Chinese board game of strategy was invented around 500 BC?
5. True or False: Fireworks were often used at festivals to ward off evil spirits.
6. During what Chinese dynasty were playing cards invented?
a. Han Dynasty
b. Xia Dynasty
c. Ming Dynasty
d. Shang Dynasty
e. Tang Dynasty
7. What modern-day sport was the Ancient Chinese sport of jiju similar to?
8. What type of musical instrument is the guqin?
e. All of the above
9. What are the black and white playing pieces of the game Go called?
10. True or False: The Chinese hated poetry and considered it a worthless form of art.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient China - Entertainment page at /history/china/entertainment_and_games.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.